THE EFFECT OF RENTABILITY AND WORKING CAPITAL ON STOCK PRICES IN GAS STATE PERSERO TBK JAKARTA

  • RAJU MAULANA UNIVERSITAS ISLAM INDRAGIRI
  • NISKA VERLIANA UNIVERSITAS ISLAM INDRAGIRI
Keywords: Profitability, Working capital, Stock prices

Abstract

This study aims to determine the effect of profitability and working capital on stock prices. This study uses three variable, they are the independent variable and the dependent variable. The independent variable is profitability (economic profitability and own capital rentability) and working capital while the dependent variable is the stock price. The type of data used is quantitative and qualitative data, while the data source used is secondary data. To analyze data through SPSS version 26. The analysis technique used is the classic assumption test, multiple linear regression and hypothesis testing. From the results of research on the effect of profitability (economic profitability and own capital rentability and working capital on stock prices obtained multiple linear regression equations namely Y = 10843 - 70,923 X1.1 - 1,945 X1.2 - 3,441 X2 + e. Based on the results of simultaneous analysis, it is known that the calculated F value is 4.132> 5.79 from the F table value, then HO is rejected, meaning there is a significant and positive influence between the independent variables (economic profitability and own capital rentability) and working capital on stock prices. While partially it is known that the variable economic profitability and own capital do not have a partial effect and working capital also has no effect on stock prices partially. And from the results of the analysis of the coefficient of determination (R2) of 0.925 or 92.5% the share price is influenced by profitability (economic rentability and profitability of own capital) and working capital, the remaining 7.5% is influenced by other variables not examined. Simultaneously or together variable profitability and working capital affect the stock price which can be seen from the F value of 4.132 and the F table is 5.79.

Published
2021-06-25
Section
Articles
Abstract viewed = 5 times
PDF downloaded = 6 times